Nashville Bradley Method Class dates
- July 11th, Tuesdays thru September 7-10 pm * Fall Birth
- October 2nd, Mondays thru December 7-10pm *Winter births
- Private class by appointment
Pricing: Bradley Method® Natural Childbirth Classes – $440
The Bradley Method® of natural childbirth (also known as “husband-coached childbirth”) is a method of natural childbirth developed in 1947 by Robert A. Bradley, M.D. and popularized by his book Husband-Coached Childbirth, first published in 1965.
Teachers of The Bradley Method® believe that – with adequate preparation, education, and help from a loving, supportive coach – most women can give birth naturally, without drugs or surgery. The Bradley Method® emphasizes measures that can be taken to help keep women healthy and low-risk in order to avoid complications that may lead to medical intervention.
Proponents of The Bradley Method claim that 86% of Bradley mothers have vaginal births without drugs.
It is the secret to having the birth YOU can be proud about!
Jeannie Casey is an Expert Certified Childbirth Instructor who has mastered preparing students.
I offer a 12 units/ the whole Bradley book of instruction of classes in my Fabulous fully stocked classroom studio that includes all the techniques you’ll need to deliver a baby with the most comfort and speed. The emphasis of this class is learning to trust and listen to your body. I teach you all of what you need and what you don’t even know you need yet. I prepare you and your partner to have the tools and knowledge to actually
Be prepared for your birth, the way you want it.
No regrets the first time.
We will cover a variety of birth-related topics for both mom and partner, including:
The Bradley Method Topics
• How to tune into your body, relax with labor, work with your body, breathe to reduce pain, and push to save you from tearing
• How to address the fears of uncertainty that come with a natural childbirth
• For mom: Fears of getting the right childbirth education, what positions to use, having your partner ready and trained to be hands-on, etc.
• For partner: Fears of screwing up, disappointment you or letting the birth deviate from the birth plan
• The partner’s role as coach and how your partner can lead and support you during labor
• How to cultivate an inward focus and use relaxation techniques that utilize on all three levels: mental, emotional and physical
• Effective communication with the team
• Birth goals, planning how to get what you want, group b strep, glucose testing, etc.
• Labor rehearsal/pushing practice/postpartum/Breastfeeding/newborn care/
• Potential variations and complications/all the intervention and how it’s used pros and cons
• How to be knowledgeable consumers of birth services and to take responsibility in making informed decisions regarding procedures, attendants and the birthplace, doula roles,
• What happens during a hospital birth and how to work around difficulties that might arise in that setting
• Postpartum home preparation plan , Natural Breastfeeding positions, the new easy Breastfeeding
• Massage techniques to melt away those pregnancy pains
• Preparing the family for the transitions of life with a newborn
• How to calm a crying baby, how to help babies sleep longer, what babies are saying
• Traditional Breastfeeding techniques, problems, and solutions
This class is limited to seven couples so that you and your partner can feel safe and comfortable while learning this material.
I try to provide an environment that fosters individual attention and friendly interaction among the expectant parents.
Classes are held in a teaching studio within a comfortable and spacious home in the city of Brentwood, Tenn., close to Cool Springs Mall. During class, you’ll sit on pillows in comfortable clothing so that you will be relaxed and happy. We will have a group discussion, take a break for a snack and social time, watch a birthing video on a 55” HDTV, practice labor management techniques and end with a period of massage and deep abdominal breathing similar to what is used in yoga.
These are fun classes with lots of laughter and learning in a relaxed environment.
I teach in the 3 major ways people learn: visual (pictures and charts, movies, handouts), experiential by practicing it with hands on and having Jeannie to guide you. Auditorily by hearing by spoken word DVD.
My goal is for you to have a wonderful birth experience and to feel good about your decisions. I am a progressive Bradley Method teacher. I will help you make your own birth dreams come true, and perhaps help you to form a few new friendships along the way. We always look forward to our reunion dinners–with the babies! Come join me for a few great weeks before the biggest and best change in your life. In class, you always make friends who continue to keep meeting together by having dinners and playgroup dates. Happy Birthing!
Clean Class Environment and Smoking Policy
In the studio, we are in close personal contact with each other. It is my responsibility to each fetus, mother, and father to provide a clean and safe environment for growing babies and learning. all class member must be non-smokers, that includes cigars, cigarettes, electronic cigarettes/vaping, and chewing tobacco. 1st, 2nd, and 3rd hand smoke is dangerous for infants and children.
anyone who sneaks into class who has smoked will be asked to leave. (yes it’s happened)
Do you have Scheduling issues and can’t make the group class, We have private classes too.
Private Bradley Classes-$597.00
Private classes are available during weekdays and evenings by appointment for clients who are not able to attend a regular group class ( musician, have a rotating schedule, etc.) This class covers the same classroom instruction and relaxation techniques covered during group classes with just you and your partner in Jeannie’s Fabulous classroom studio. Contact me for more information. 3-4 sessions, each session 3 hours long.
Private Refresher Bradley Classes- repeat past students $185.00
Private customized refresher class at Jeannie’s classroom studio to go over everything you need to bone up on for the next birth. we cover relaxation, techniques for comfort, positions to speed labor, peanut ball positions, fill the “coaches toolbox” with the perfect tools for him to use in labor. 1 private session of 2 1/2 to 3 Hours. daytime or evening hours.
This is a video of a favorite experiential class evening. It is the week where couples get to work as a team and practice everything they have learned going through the first, second and third stages of labor rehearsal, quiet transition time for mom and baby in minutes immediately after birth, delayed cord clamping, and skin to skin bonding. Then we eat cake and celebrate!
Labor rehearsal video provided by Kalimana Film Stories
“Rehearsing labor was such a valuable experience in our birthing class! We loved walking through what we actually would be doing in labor and helped us feel way more prepared! We love it!” – Zach & Jody Grey
THE BRADLEY METHOD CLASS DATES
Classes usually occur on a Mondays, Tuesday, Wednesday, or Thursday from 7:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m.
Registration is completed when your deposit is paid. Class dates subject to change. call 615*370*5912
- July 11th, Tuesdays thru September 7-10 pm, *due dates in Fall
- October 2nd, Mondays thru December 7-10pm *due dates in Winter
Make-up dates are pre-planned in the event of bad weather or I am called for doula/labor support during scheduled class time. Call 615-370-5912 for verification. After classes fill up, I may open another day, so call me to receive updates on newly added dates.
Nashville Childbirth Class Location
1608 Crockett Hills Blvd.
Brentwood, TN 37027
Not sure if this is the right class for you? Call for a heart to heart chat.
If you need more come for a Tour the studio and meet me before signing up! I offer interviews from 5:30-6:30 p.m. so that you can meet me and ask any questions you might have prior to signing up for the class.
You are welcomed to “like” my Facebook page for Jeannie Casey or Nashville childbirth to get a look at who I am.
Disclaimer: This website contains information about my classes available in Brentwood TN and is not the official website of the Bradley method. The views contained on this site do not reflect those of the Bradley method or the American Academy of Husband-Coached Childbirth directly. For more information or international listing of instructors, call 800-4-a-birth or 818-788-6662, or contact:
The Bradley Method
Sherman Oaks, CA 91413-5224