My goal to give you Expert Care and Service, bundling all the skills and training you want at a REASONABLE PRICE.
“One of the best things I have done for myself with this baby is hire a post partum doula! Having Jeannie’s support in my home for hours at a time has been such an encouragement to me! From lactation support to help with big brother Anson and forcing me to nap, it has been awesome!!! I would recommend Jeannie and her many services to everyone” – Lindsay P.
Postpartum Lactation/Doula Services in Nashville
After the birth of your baby, we call the next period of time,the 4th trimester.
It’s a time of discovery and bonding for baby and family.
This is a very important time with lots of big adjustments that can be overwhelming.
From emotional to physical support, a postpartum doula is here to help ease into the transition
allowing you to feel confident as new parents.
Research tells us about 18%-30% of women will experience baby blues, from birth trauma or complications at birth because of inadequate support systems, unrealistic postpartum expectations, prior history or family history of PMS or PPD. Research on Breastfeeding tells us 40% percent of women fail at breastfeeding during the first few weeks, so starting out with support within the first few days is incredibly important.
Getting a good breastfeeding positioning, latch and confidence is of the utmost importance to have a successful breastfeeding experience.
Breastfeeding Doula Consulting
Jeannie Casey, is a Certified Lactation Consultant, and her expertly trained doulas teach “Natural Breastfeeding“, it’s called breastfeeding with “training wheels” used for the first few weeks.
Our Postpartum Doula services assist you in defining your needs, goals and abilities for an
empowered parenting start!
- The “Instruction Guide for Newborns”
- Breastfeeding success – problem-solving & solutions
- Sleep cycles of infants, and tools that assist in that.
- As Sleep Coaches, we strive for success with infant and parents sleeping
- Jeannie is a Certified Lactation Consultant, we teach ultimate Breastfeeding education.
- Jeannie is a Certified “Happiest Baby on the block” Instructor, we teach calming and sleep techniques.
- Jeannie is a Certified baby signing instructor teaches you Baby Signing from the start.
- Infant Care includes- burping, patting, etc.
- Bottle feeding positions, washing, storage system
- Teaching the latest evidence-based information on baby care.
- How to discover your own parenting style and listening to your instincts.
- Household Support
- Education on normal newborn development
- How to Bathing/nails
- Assistance with pumping and safe milk storage
- Circumcision care
- Logging of baby activities (feeding, soiled diapers)
- Umbilical Cord care
- Diapering – cloth or disposable
- Baby Wearing knowledge
- Baby soothing
- Sterilization of baby items
- Evidence-based information when asked
- Simple errands (grocery, pharmacy, take-out)
- Light housework (laundry, dishes, feed pets,etc.)
- Provide Mommy/daddy, downtime / Reconnecting time/date time.
- Some older-sibling care
- Meal preparation
- Nurture you, Non-judgmental listening and Emotional Support
NASHVILLE SLEEP DOULAS: OVERNIGHT NANNIES
Many new parents are looking for nighttime help from professional doulas trained in effective newborn sleep techniques, including swaddling and more.
- Everything included in daytime services
- Utilizing calm and soothing sleep techniques including swaddling and feeding
- I am respectful of your parenting choices
- For the breastfed baby, I will bring you the baby to nurse, then I will burp, diaper, and soothe baby back to sleep using techniques proven to help calm newborns
- For the bottle fed infant we feed, burp, diaper and soothe back to sleep using techniques proven to help calm newborns
- Logging of baby activities through the night
- The doula sleeps when the baby sleeps
We can customize a package for you or you can shop from our packages below.
Postpartum Doula Base Rates- $24.00 Hr./12 hr. Pkg. / Each visit of 4 hrs.+
Happy Hours – 12 hours to be used in 4-hour + increments – $288. /24.00 Hr.
I Dream Of Jeannie- 24 hours – three days– 9:00am-5:00pm $576./24.00 Hr.
Sleeping Beauty – Overnight Care 7pm-7am -12 hours – $384./24.00 Hr.
(includes a 4 hr. daytime visit to get to know baby & Family).
Mary Poppins – 40 hours- $920. /$23.00 Hr.
(Example: 8 visits of 5 hrs each or 10 visits of 4 hrs each)
(buy more & saved $40.)
Happy Days– 60 hours –$1320. /$22.00 Hr.
(Example: 12 visits or 5 hrs each,or mix in an overnight visit)
(buy more & saved $180.00)
Seventh Heaven Sleep– 84 hours –$1764. /$21.00 Hr.
(Example: 7 nights 12 hours each, a 4 hrs visit)
(buy more & saved $252.00)