Providing Comfort, Support and Information to Expecting Parents
I do not want to replace your birth partner; I want to complement and guide them to shine and share the experience with you.
Labor Doula Now Serving Nashville, TN
As your doula, I provide continuous emotional support, coaching, your birth plan, physical comfort, practical assistance and advice through the pain, stress, fatigue, and uncertainty of childbirth and the postpartum period. Attention to the emotional requirements and physical comfort of a woman and her partner during this major life transition has profound long-term benefits for physical and emotional health for both people.
I have served 1012+ families in the Nashville area in over 27 years as a childbirth educator and doula.
I bring with me wisdom, experience, expertise a positive calm and comforting presence to support partner and you.
This is a milestone event and I want this to be one of the best days in your life.
- 25% shorter labor
- 50% reduction in cesarean rate
- 60% reduction in epidural requests
- 40% reduction in oxytocin use
- 30% reduction in use of pain medications
- 40% reduction in forceps delivery
- Reduced anxiety
- more positive reviews of their birth experience
- acute sensitivity toward their newborns
- Mothers have confidence
- Reduced incidences of postpartum depression
Prior to birth, I will meet with you and your coach in your home. During this visit, we will:
- Discuss your labor desires and concerns, participation style of partner
- Define your birthing priorities, how you want your baby handled at birth, and what is necessary for a successful childbirth for you and your partner, a postpartum home plan.
- Review relaxation and breathing techniques, optimal labor positions for an easier labor, many secrets to sail thru early labor at home
- Learn why you want to delay cord clamping and other newborn procedures.
- All about newborn procedures and your choices
- Latch on positions for breastfeeding and how to set up breast pump (if needed)
- Talk about how to bond with baby at birth and after, including information about attachment and the importance of skin-to-skin contact
- After the initial meeting, I will provide weekly phone consultations with you after each caregiver appointments. Beginning 2 weeks before your due date, I will provide 24-hour on-call readiness to support your labor. 80% of women are 5 days past their estimated due date. you might too.
During labor, Your doula can:
- Provide support at your home during early labor
- Remain with you throughout all stages of labor and delivery (even in the event of an unexpected outcome, such as a C-section)
- Provide information and encouragement to maintain a calm, peaceful birthing environment
- Suggest ways to manage pain and speed labor through emotional support (eye contact, verbal reminders, undivided attention, encouragement, etc.) and physical measures (peanut ball techniques, Tens unit pain reliever, birth ball, cold/hot packs, hydrotherapy, aromatherapy, acupressure, relaxation, movement, positioning, squat stool, Rebozo techniques, optimal positioning using Spinning Babies, etc.)
- Provide support, reassurance, and guidance to your partner, keeping you always connected to each other physically and emotionally
- Take pictures and/or video of the birth
After delivery, As your doula, I will:
- Continue to provide support through any postpartum procedures
- Assist with breastfeeding in the delivery/recovery room
- Help you both with bonding and skin to skin contact
- Postpartum Home Session -we will follow up with you to discuss the birth and your postpartum recovery. We can also help with breastfeeding, latching on, and give you information about newborn care and family adjustments.
- Postpartum Home Session with Both your doulas, phone support for 12 weeks Postpartum,
- membership to our Postpartum Breastfeeding moms group, Moms night out group Event, Private Facebook Group
Meet us now-In a FREE Doula Services Consultations
Come for a FREE 30-minute personal interview in Nashville Childbirth studio in Brentwood TN. My classroom studio is filled with charts, labor and childbirth educational pictures, and pelvis and baby models so we can discuss what you want in your birth. If you would like an interview at your own home, or at a Panera or Starbucks we can do that also.
Bartering -what skills or talents do you have to barter for doula services in Nashville?
We consider bartering services with you up to a 30%+ trade on Doula fees on our Happy Momma doula package
Potential services you could barter include but not limited to this list. Nashville Childbirth Marketing, office worker, mac computer skills, writing blogs, editing, social media, medical billing, accounting, attorney skills, advertising services, business coaching, Organizational skills, photography, your time hosting and representing N.Childbirth in social groups, Facebook support, parenting group supporter, normal house cleaning, cake baking, fresh eggs and fruit & garden produce, sewing, cooking, salon stylist hair color, decorating skills, paint colors specialist, lawn maintenance, Car detailing, gutter cleaning, loan your boat, cabin or camper, fence installing, weed eating yard, hoe garden flower beds removing weeds, painting house trim, painting bedrooms, installing flooring, yard grading work, tree brush removal, outdoor lighting installation, chain link fencing, cleaning bathroom tile with my floor steamer. Barter hours must be completed before the birth. The hours supplied for bartering are expected to be approximately 8 hours+ call for details.